I had the honor of being interviewed on Paul Minors’ Productivity Podcast to give productivity tips for photographers. Not only was this my first ever podcast interview, but I’m also a reader of his blog and listener of his podcast. So, it was an absolute honor.
We talked about my journey of starting my photography business after being fired from a job I hated, my productivity tips as a photographer, my editing workflow, and my obsession with watching The Office, which I admit isn’t productive. Haha. Oh… and I also meowed. Seriously… I did. I take pride in my meow abilities. Yeah, cut to 51:58 to catch that.
If you’re a photographer interested in learning my productivity habits or if you’re wanting to pursue photography, but afraid of the risks, go have a listen. I hope you can get something out of it to be able to implement into your life or at least be inspired to pursue your dreams.
- An introduction to Anthony and his transition from 9-5 grind to photography freelancer (2:20)
- What have been the biggest challenges you’ve had to overcome while growing your own photography business? (12:45)
- How did you overcome the challenges of creating a work-life balance as a freelancer who works from home? (14:50)
- As a photographer, what is your approach to task management and organising your photography gigs? (17:20)
- What are some of the biggest productivity challenges and time-consuming tasks for photographers? (21:18)
- What are some habits or processes you’ve changed to help deal with these time-consuming activities? (23:07)
- What are the 80/20 principles within photography that people can use to take better photos? (29:14)
- As someone who works for himself, what’s your daily routine and what daily rituals have you adopted? (31:58)
- What is your approach to time management and using your calendar to stay organised? (40:40)
- As a fan of Dwight Schrute from The Office, what’s your favourite office moment? (48:50)
- [DON’T SKIP THIS PART] I hear you can do a very realistic meow sound, can you demonstrate for us? (51:58)
- Do you have any final words of wisdom for people interested in going down the freelance route or people who are interested in photography? (53:25)
- Pixifi – Client management software for photographers.
- 6 Phase Mediation – A guided meditation video Anthony uses to focus his mind.
- 1 Giant Mind App – Meditation app that helps you to focus on your own mantra.
- Adobe Lightroom – Photo editing software.
- Photo Mechanic – Used for photo uploading and browsing your photos. It’s much quicker than trying to go through lots of photos in Lightroom.
- VSCO Keys – Turns your keyboard into sliders for editing and playing with filters. It’s been discontinued, but still works, for now…